1) What are the advantages of using cloud computing?
The advantages of using cloud computing are
- Data backup and storage of data
- Powerful server capabilities
- SaaS ( Software as a service)
- Information technology sandboxing capabilities
- Increase in productivity
- Cost-effective & Time saving
2) Mention platforms that are used for large scale cloud computing?
The platforms that are used for large scale cloud computing are
- Apache Hadoop
3) Explain different models for deployment in cloud computing?
The different deployment models in cloud computing are
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Community Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
4) What is the difference between cloud computing and computing for mobiles?
Mobile computing uses the same concept as cloud computing. Cloud computing becomes active with the data with the help of the internet rather than the individual device. It provides users with the data which they have to retrieve on demand. In mobile, the applications run on the remote server and access storage and management.
5) How a user can gain from utility computing?
Utility computing allows the user to pay only for what they are using. It is a plug-in managed by an organization that decides what type of services must be deployed from the cloud.
Most organizations prefer a hybrid strategy.
6) For a transport in the cloud, how you can secure your data?
To secure your data while transporting them from one place to another, check that there is no leak with the encryption key implemented with the information you are sending.
7) What are the security aspects provided with the cloud?
- Identity management: It authorizes the application services
- Access control: permission has to be provided to the users to control the access of another user who is entering into the cloud environment.
- Authentication and Authorization: Allows only the authorized and authenticated user only to access the data and applications
8) List out different layers which define cloud architecture?
The different layers used by cloud architecture are
- CLC or Cloud Controller
- Cluster Controller
- SC or Storage Controller
- NC or Node Controller
9) What are system integrators in Cloud Computing?
In Cloud Computing, systems integrator provides the complicated process strategy to design a cloud platform. Integrator allows creating more accurate hybrid and private cloud network, as integrators know the data centre creation.
10) What is "EUCALYPTUS" stands for?
"EUCALYPTUS" stands for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Programs To Useful Systems."
11) Explain what the use of "EUCALYPTUS" in cloud computing is?
"Eucalyptus" is an open-source software infrastructure in cloud computing, which is used to implement clusters in the cloud computing platform. It is used to build public, hybrid and private clouds. It can produce your own data centre into a private cloud and allows you to utilise its functionality to many other organizations.
12) What is the requirement of a virtualization platform in implementing the cloud?
A virtualization platform in implementing cloud requires to
- Manage the service level policies
- Cloud Operating System
- Virtualization platforms help to keep the backend level and user level concepts different from each other
13) Before going for a cloud computing platform, what are the essential things to be considered by users?
- Loss of data
- Data storage
- Business continuity
- Data integrity in cloud computing
14) Mention some open source cloud computing platform databases?
The open-source cloud computing platform databases are
15) What are the security laws which are implemented to secure data in a cloud?
The security laws which are implemented to secure data in the cloud are
- Processing: Control the data that is being processed correctly and entirely in an application
- File: It manages and controls the information being manipulated in any of the files
- Output reconciliation: It controls the data which has to be reconciled from input to output
- Input Validation: Control the input data
- Security and Backup: It provides protection and backup it also controls the security breaches logs
16) Mention the name of some large cloud providers and databases?
- Google bigtable
- Amazon simpleDB
- Cloud-based SQL
17) Explain the difference between cloud and traditional datacenters?
- The cost of the traditional data centre is higher due to heating and hardware/software issues.
- Cloud gets scaled when the demand increases. The majority of the expenses are spent on maintaining the data centres, while that is not the case with cloud computing.
18) Explain what are the different modes of software as a service (SaaS)?
- Simple multi-tenancy: In this, each user has independent resources and are different from other users, it is an efficient mode.
- Fine-grain multi-tenancy: In this type, the resources can be shared by many, but the functionality remains the same.
19) What is the use of API's in cloud services?
API's ( Application Programming Interface) is instrumental in cloud platforms
- It eliminates the need to write the fully-fledged programs
- It provides the instructions to make communication between one or more applications
- It allows easy creation of applications and links the cloud services with other systems
20) What are the different data centres deployed for cloud computing?
Cloud computing consists of different datacenters like
- Containerized Datacenters
- Low-Density Datacenters
21) In cloud computing, what are the different layers?
The different layers of cloud computing are:
- SaaS: Software as a Service (SaaS), it provides users access directly to the cloud application without installing anything on the system.
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a service provides the infrastructure in terms of hardware like memory, processor speed etc.
- PaaS: Platform as a service, it provides a cloud application platform for the developers
22) How important is the platform as a service?
Platform as a service or PAAS is an essential layer in cloud computing. It provides an application platform for providers. It is responsible for providing complete virtualization of the infrastructure layer and makes it work like a single server.
23) What is a cloud service?
Cloud service is used to build cloud applications using the server in a network through the internet. It provides the facility of using the cloud application without installing it on the computer. It also reduces the maintenance and support of the application, which are developed using cloud service.
24) List down the three basic clouds in cloud computing?
- Professional cloud
- Personal cloud
- Performance cloud
25) As a infrastructure as a service, what are the resources that are provided by it?
IAAS ( Infrastructure As A Service) provides virtual and physical resources to build a cloud. It deals with the complexities of deploying and maintaining of the services provided by this layer. Here the infrastructure is the servers, storage and other hardware systems.
26) What are the business benefits involved in cloud architecture?
The benefits involved in cloud architecture is
- Zero infrastructure investment
- Just in time infrastructure
- More efficient resource utilization
27) What are the characteristics of cloud architecture that separates it from the traditional one?
The characteristics that make cloud architecture above traditional architecture is
- According to the demand, cloud architecture provides the hardware requirement
- Cloud architecture is capable of scaling the resource on demand
- Cloud architecture is capable of managing and handling dynamic workloads without failure
28) Mention what the difference between elasticity and scalability in cloud computing is?
Scalability is a characteristic of cloud computing through which increasing workload can be handled by increasing in proportion the amount of resource capacity. Whereas elasticity is one of the characteristics that highlight the concept of commissioning and decommissioning a large amount of resource capacity.
29) Mention the services that the Window Azure Operating System provides?
Window Azure provides three core services which are given as
30) In cloud architecture, what are the different components that are required?
- Cloud Ingress
- Processor Speed
- Cloud storage services
- Cloud provided services
- Intra-cloud communications
31) In cloud architecture, what are the different phases involved?
- Launch Phase
- Monitor Phase
- Shutdown Phase
- Cleanup Phase
32) List down the essential characteristics of cloud computing?
- Elasticity and Scalability
- Self-service provisioning and automatic de-provisioning
- Standardized interfaces
- Billing self-service based usage model
33) In cloud architecture, what are the building blocks?
- Reference architecture
- Technical architecture
- Deployment operation architecture
34) Mention in what ways cloud architecture provides automation and performance transparency?
To provide performance transparency and automation, there are many tools used by cloud architecture. It allows managing the cloud architecture and monitor reports. It also allows them to share the application using cloud architecture. Automation is the critical component of cloud architecture which helps to improve the degree of quality.
35) In cloud computing, explain the role of performance cloud?
Performance cloud is useful in transferring the maximum amount of data instantly. It is used by professionals who work on high-performance computing research.
36) Explain hybrid and community cloud?
Hybrid cloud: It consists of multiple service providers. It is a combination of public and private cloud features. It is used by the company when they require both private and public clouds.
Community Cloud: This model is quite expensive and is used when the organizations have common goals and requirements and are ready to share the cloud service's benefits.
37) In the cloud, what are the optimizing strategies?
To overcome the maintenance cost and optimize the resources, there is a concept of three data centres in the cloud that provides recovery and backup in case of disaster or system failure and keeps all the data safe and intact.
38) What is Amazon SQS?
To communicate between different connectors, Amazon SQS message is used, between various components of AMAZON, it acts as a communicator.
39) How buffer is used for Amazon web services?
To make the system more efficient against the burst of traffic or load, the buffer is used. It synchronizes different component. The component always receives and processes the request in an unbalanced way. The balance between various components is managed by the buffer and makes them work faster to provide faster services.
40) Mention what Hypervisor is in cloud computing and their types?
The hypervisor is a Virtual Machine Monitor which manages resources for virtual machines. There are mainly two types of hypervisors.
Type 1: The guest Vm runs directly over the host hardware, e.g. Xen, VmWare ESXI
Type 2: The guest Vm runs over hardware through a host OS, e.g. Kvm, oracle virtualbox
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Cloud Computing
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is a term referred to storing and accessing data over the internet. It doesn't store any data on the hard disk of your personal computer. In cloud computing, you can access data from a remote server.
Now, we will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of Cloud Computing.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
Here, we will learn what are the benefits of Cloud Computing in your organization:
Cost-saving is one of the most significant Cloud Computing benefits. It helps you to save substantial capital cost as it does not need any physical hardware investments. Also, you do not require trained personnel to maintain the hardware. The cloud service provider does the buying and managing of equipment.
Cloud computing offers a competitive edge over your competitors. It is one of the best advantages of Cloud services that it helps you to access the latest applications any time without spending your time and money on installations.
Cloud computing allows you to deploy your service quickly in fewer clicks. This faster deployment allows you to get the resources required for your system within fewer minutes.
Backup and restore data.
Once the data is stored in a Cloud, it is easier to get the backup and recovery of that, which is otherwise a very Time taking process on-premise.
Automatic Software Integration
In the cloud, software integration is something that occurs automatically. Therefore, you don't need to take additional efforts to customize and integrate your applications as per your preferences.
Reliability is one of the most significant benefits of Cloud hosting. You can always get instantly updated about the changes.
Employees who are working on the premises or at remote locations can easily access all the could services. All they need is Internet connectivity.
Unlimited storage capacity
The cloud offers almost limitless storage capacity. At any time, you can quickly expand your storage capacity with very nominal monthly fees.
The cloud computing platform helps employees who are located in different geographies to collaborate in a highly convenient and secure manner.
Last but not least, cloud computing gives you the advantage of rapid deployment. So, when you decide to use the cloud, your entire system can be fully functional in very few minutes. Although the amount of Time taken depends on what kind of technologies are used in your business.
Other Important Benefits of Cloud Computing
Apart from the above, some other Cloud Computing advantages are:
- On-Demand Self-service
- Offers Resilient Computing
- Fast and effective virtualization
- Provide you low-cost software
- Offers advanced online security
- Location and Device Independence
- Always available and scales automatically to adjust to the increase in demand
- Allows pay-per-use
- Web-based control & interfaces
- API Access available.
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
Here are significant challenges of using Cloud Computing:
Performance Can Vary
When you are working in a cloud environment, your application is running on the server, which simultaneously provides resources to other businesses. Any greedy behaviour or DDOS attack on your tenant could affect the performance of your shared resource.
Cloud technology is always prone to outage and other technical issues. Even the best cloud service provider companies may face this type of trouble despite maintaining high maintenance standards.
Security Threat in the Cloud
Another drawback, while working with cloud computing services, is a security risk. Before adopting cloud technology, you should be well aware that you will be sharing all your company's sensitive information with a third-party cloud computing service provider. Hackers might access this information.
Downtime should also be considered while working with cloud computing. That's because your cloud provider may face power loss, low internet connectivity, service maintenance, etc.
Good Internet connectivity is a must in cloud computing. You can't access the cloud without an internet connection. Moreover, you don't have any other way to gather data from the cloud.
Many cloud storage service providers limit the bandwidth usage of their users. So, in case if your organization surpasses the given allowance, the additional charges could be significantly costly.
Lacks of Support
Cloud Computing companies fail to provide proper support to the customers. Moreover, they want their user to depend on FAQs or online help, which can be tedious for non-technical persons.
Despite all the Cloud Computing advantages and disadvantages, we can't deny that Cloud Computing is the fastest-growing part of network-based computing. It offers a great gift to customers of all sizes: simple users, developers, enterprises and all types of organizations. So, this technology here to stay for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Uses of the cloud include data storage, offering remote access to any work related data. The role of cloud computing on a corporate level can be either for the in house operations, or as a deployment tool for software or services the company develops for the public.
Speed to market: Developing in the cloud enables users to get their applications to market quickly. Data security: Hardware failures do not result in data loss because of networked backups. Savings on equipment: Cloud computing uses remote resources, saving organizations the cost of servers and other equipment.
The public cloud refers to cloud services that anybody can utilize. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud & Google Drive, iCloud, and Dropbox are all public cloud services. Anybody using Dropbox is renting a share of its server space.